This Vanilla Creme Brule recipe transforms a fine dining dessert into one you can enjoy whenever you like at home with just 5 simple ingredients. Simply abide by the advice given below to make the ideal creme Brule every time!
- White sugar, 1/4 cup
- four egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream for whipping
- 50 ml of whole milk
Topping for Crème Brulé
- Divided into 5 teaspoons of white sugar
- 300°F oven temperature. For easier pouring, boil the water for the water bath preferably in a tea kettle. Place an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with four 6-oz custard cups or ramekins within.
- Using the whites for another dish, separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together white sugar and egg yolks until the mixture becomes lighter in color and has a thick, creamy consistency. Whisk in the vanilla bean paste or extract after adding it.
- Cream and milk should be heated over medium heat until the cream is hot and bubbles appear around the edge. Avoid letting it boil and stir it occasionally. five minutes or so.
- By gradually whisking in about 1/4 cup of the hot milk and cream to the egg yolk mixture, you can temper the egg yolks. Afterwards, combine another 1/4 cup of the milk and cream. Then pour the remaining milk and cream into the saucepan along with the custard mixture. Completely blend by whisking. Eggs will become scrambled if the hot cream is added to the egg yolks too rapidly.
- Mixture should be strained, ideally into a big measuring cup with a pour spout. Any cooked egg chunks in the sieve should be discarded.
- Equally distribute the custard mixture among the custard cups. Pour boiling water into the pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the custard cups to create the water bath. Don't accidentally add water to the custard.
- 30 to 35 minutes, or until the centers are set, should be baked in the water bath. Jiggle the pan just a little to test. The centers ought to move around like jell.
- As soon as you can handle them securely, remove from the water bath to stop the cooking. Refrigerate for a minimum of three hours after cooling to room temperature.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of white sugar on top of each custard, making any necessary adjustments for ramekin width. Use a cooking flame to Brulé the tops until the sugar is caramelized. Serve right away.
This delicious vanilla creme Brule is fantastic for beginners and ideal for a dinner party. Creme Brule was considered a fancy dessert that shouldn't be prepared at home but rather saved for special occasion dinners out at restaurants.