The ideal homemade coffee shop treat for vanilla lovers is these Best Ever Vanilla Bean Scones!
- 272 g or 2 cups of cake flour
- White sugar, 1/3 cup (66g)
- 7 g of baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick of cold, finely chopped butter
- 2/3 cup beating cream
- Vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 scraped vanilla bean
- 5–6 tablespoons whole milk
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a sizable baking sheet with parchment paper. The flour, sugar, baking soda, and sea salt should all be sifted together. Use a pastry blender to cut in the cold butter (or you may massage it in with your fingers) until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Blend the whipping cream and vanilla extract with a fork until a dough forms. You may choose to finish by shaping the mixture into a ball with your hands.
- Create three equal pieces of the ball, then flatten each piece into a disc on the baking sheet that is about 3/4" high and 4" across. To cut the discs into six equal triangles, first cut them across, then cut each half into thirds, using a big knife or a bench knife. To allow the triangles to rise during baking, separate them.
- The bottoms should be golden brown and the tops should no longer be doughy after baking for 15 to 18 minutes. Take out of the oven, then let cool fully.
- Split the vanilla bean open lengthwise with a small, sharp knife, then scrape it with the blade's edge. On the knife, there will be tiny black bean clumps. It should be scraped into a bowl with the milk and whisked in. Sift the powdered sugar in and stir everything together.
- The scones' tops should be dipped in the glaze before being placed on a cooling rack to solidify for about 30 minutes before eating.
I'm hoping you'll enjoy these Best Ever Vanilla Bean Scones as much as we do. What is your favorite recipe of ours? Please share in the comments section below.