If you enjoy vanilla beans, you'll enjoy this traditional childhood treat's additional vanilla flavor. These Rice Krispies Treats are bigger, chewier, and more satisfying than any other Krispies Treat you've ever munched on.
- 1 mug of butter
- 1/2a vanilla bean
- 2 bags of marshmallows
- 1/2 kosher salt spoon
- 9 cups Krispy Kreme
- Apply cooking spray to a 9x13 pan. Measure out 9 cups of cereal and place it in a very large bowl. Place aside.
- In a sizable saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter. Slice the vanilla bean in half, then use the back of a knife to scrape off the seeds. To the butter that is melting, add the vanilla. There will be noise and foam from the butter. It will pop and break. It will start to change color to a golden-brown hue.
- It can burn quickly, so keep an eye on it. The butter will stop foaming and turn brown when it is finished. It takes five to seven minutes.
- Add salt and marshmallows. Stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted over low heat. Over the Rice Krispies, pour the marshmallow. Completely cover in marshmallows.
- Place the pressurized 9x13 pan. Before slicing, let sit for two hours at room temperature.
This recipe adds a refined twist to the dessert you've loved all your life. Both the adult and the youngster in you will like it.