Whenever we have leftover spotty bananas on the counter, the first thing comes to our mind is Banana Bread. Here is the best ever banana bread recipe and if you haven’t tried it yet, now’s the time.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon alcohol free natural vanilla. Click here to buy
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and alcohol free natural vanilla. Add this to flour mixture, stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased or parchment-lined loaf pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional walnuts.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.